Immunity: The immunity system represents the capacity of an individual to defend their health against physical, emotional, and environmental challenges. The vitality of an individual is represented through various indicators of health. Although very complicated, digestion, elimination, and energy are some of the simple examples to represent the efficiency of metabolism functions of the body; helping to harvest energy and nutrition from food, as well as elimination of toxic burden, keeping the body nourished and clean.
- Feel Tired and fatigue
- Tendency towards catching cold and cough quickly
- Depress ion and experiencing insomnia.
- Chronic infection and allergies
- Frequent cold sores or genital herpes
- Lymph glands sore and swollen
The Ayurvedic Approach:
What does Ayurveda says about Immunity?
According to Vedic scholars and Maharishis of Ayurveda said that the key to enhance your immunity can be done through the meals you intake.
Any food that transforms quickly into ojas* is good for immunity. If food causes ama, it’s bad for immunity.
Ojas* is the end product of complete digestion that creates radiant good health, stable emotions, and immunity. Ama, the digestive impurities caused by eating hard- to- digest food or by unhealthy eating habits, creates the opposite effects- it compromises immunity and health.
Maharishi Ayurveda uses the seed-land theory to explain how immunity works. In this analogy, the human body is like the land, and infection is the seed. Ama and other impurities make the body fertile for infection. If you want to keep the seeds of infection from sprouting, you must take care to create ojas in your body, not ama.
There are certain herbs which helps in preventing all sorts of immunity related symptoms and disorders and they are:
WITHANIA SOMNIFERA (ASHWAGANDHA)
This short and stout plant has a variety of benefits; the most widely recognized benefit of ashwagandha is its ability to boost the immune system besides that it also helps increasing white blood cell production, helping to ward off illness and diseases.
- Ashwagandha is said to be Ayurveda’s most famous immune boosting herb, and is found in many tonics and formulas that have been used for years to help revitalize and cultivate proper nourishment of the tissues, muscles, bones, and the nervous and reproductive system.
- It rejuvenates and is antioxidant, helps to improve the body’s ability to maintain continuous physical effort while tackling various types of stress. It has known anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer and anti-anxiety properties.
ASPARAGUS RACEMOSUS (SHATAVARI)
Shatavari is a climbing plant which grows in low jungle areas throughout India. This sweet and bitter herb is particularly balances the pitta dosha. It is equal to ashwagandha , herb that rejuvenate the female reproductive organs, to treat gastrointestinal disorders, as an external wash for wounds, and other systems of the body for both men and women.
- Maintains healthy hormonal balance
- Supports normal function of the immune and digestive system
- Increases libido.
And the above mentioned herbs are present in product range of Herbalage named Nutrilage Plus.
Immunity, energy, disease prevention and Stress support.
A perfect blend of natural anti-oxidant, which builds immunity, provides shield against diseases, increases stamina and helps burst stress.
- A combination of nutrients, amino acids and vitamins sourced from Nature, which, helps build immunity and protects one from attracting diseases.
- Helps protect from un-natural-pre-mature ageing and thus gives youthfulness and increases longevity.
- Helps protects from all sort of infections originates from bacteria, fungi and other microbes.
- Helps in diseases right from upper respiratory tract, asthma, and bronchitis to serious ailments such as aids, cancer and swine flu etc.
- Balances the general health in diabetic conditions, heart disease and arthritis.
- Improves the functions of liver and kidneys and relieves stresses.