Rose, or rosewater, is one of the most amazing ingredients that you can include in your skin care routine. It helps soften your skin and gives it a natural, healthy glow. Rosewater is beneficial for your skin in several ways. Let’s take a look at some of its most common beauty uses.
Benefits of Rosewater for Skin:
- Rosewater helps to maintain your skin’s pH balance.
- It helps fight acne, dermatitis and eczema.
- Rose water hydrates, revitalizes and moisturizes the skin, and makes it smooth.
- It also helps to heal scars, cuts and wounds.
- Rose water cools the skin.
- It helps to tone the skin. It also has anti-bacterial properties.
- The antioxidant properties of rose water help to strengthen skin cells and regenerate skin tissues.
- The nourishing and moisturizing properties of rose water enhance the quality of hair.
- Rose water helps to treat mild scalp inflammations and dandruff that are caused by fungal infections.
- It also helps to revitalize aging skin and keeps fine lines and wrinkles at bay.
Benefits of Rosewater for Eyes:
Fresh rose water can be used daily as an eye drop.
- It will prevent and cure dark circles and puffiness.
- Rose water will also help to cleanse and cool the eyes.
How to Use Rosewater for Skin?
1. Rosewater as a Facial Toner:
Most toners available in the market contain chemicals and alcohol. Using these on a regular basis on your skin will make it dry. Rose water is a better and more natural alternative to these chemical-laden toners.
- Apply chilled rose water on your skin with a soft cotton ball.
- Do this immediately after cleansing your face.
Using rose water as a toner will help to naturally tone up your facial skin. It will close the open pores and make the skin give off a pleasant floral fragrance.
2. Rosewater After-Sun Body Spray:
Rose water can be used to treat skin rashes caused due to sun exposure and sunburns.
- Crush 10 to 15 tulsi leaves and add it to 200 ml of rose water.
- Store this liquid in a spray bottle and refrigerate.
This water can be used as an after–sun body spray. Spray it over your body to help calm the skin. It also soothes sunburns and heals red, itchy skin.
3. Rosewater as a Lip Stain:
This is a very simple and natural DIY trick.
- Cut a beetroot into small pieces
- Let it dry out in the sun.
- Grind it into a fine powder.
- Now add a teaspoon of rose water to this beetroot powder. Your lip pack is ready!
- Apply this evenly on your lips and wash it off after 15 minutes.
This pack instantly makes your lips soft and pink. It is a natural and healthy way to color your lips pink – without using any cosmetics!
4. Rosewater and Creams:
Rose water has moisturising properties. For best results, simply add a few drops of rosewater to your regular cream or moisturiser before applying it.
5. Rosewater as A Cleanser:
Wipe the dirt and dead skin off your face by using rose water as a cleanser.
Mix one cup of rose water, two teaspoons of glycerin and 10 drops of rose essential oil to make the cleanser.
6. Rosewater for Acne:
Good news for acne sufferers! Rose water can be used to treat acne as well.
- Mix the juice of one lemon and rose water in equal quantities.
- Apply this mixture on your face and keep it on for about half an hour.
- Wash it off with water. After applying this for 2-3 weeks, you will see a visible difference in your skin. Application of rose water helps relieve acne, and reduces blemishes and scars.
Another way to use rose water for treating acne is to add it as an ingredient in a cucumber and honey home made face mask.
- Blend two inches of fresh, cold cucumber with two tbsp of raw honey.
- Add just enough rose water to make a soft paste.
- Before applying the pack, wash your face with warm water.
- Pat dry and apply this mask.
- Wait for 15 minutes, rinse, and enjoy how your skin feels. Use once in a week.
NATOURISH HERBALAGE REFRESHING & HYDRATING
FRESH ROSE TONER
Rose water is a wonderful treasure of skin-beautifying qualities that can go a long way in making your skin beautiful and gorgeous naturally. It is a natural, mild astringent, and can help remove excess oil from your skin, maintains your skin’s pH balance as well as helps soothe and tone it. Rose water works as a facial cleanser, revitalizer, and moisturizer for your face; it helps fight acne, dermatitis and eczema.
Glycerin helps moisturize the skin without making it oily like other methods. It does this by attracting water to the skin and then helping the skin hold in this moisture. When these two ingredients are combined, they work together to keep your skin nourished and balanced.
Grape seeds are an excellent source of vitamins C and E, as well as antioxidants known as flavonoids, all of which may improve skin’s texture and reduce the signs of aging. It calms the skin to help ease any stress and anxiety. It helps tone the skin, while offering anti-bacterial properties. The antioxidant properties of rose water help to strengthen skin cells along with regenerating skin tissues. It also helps to revitalize aging skin while keeping fine lines and wrinkle at bay.
If you like the information on Nutrition, Fitness & Beauty then please share it with your friends and family. We’ve are on Twitter and Facebook share buttons on each post for your convenience. If you have a blog or website of your own, we will be pleased if you link and share our content too.