7 DAYS DETOXIFICATION (WHOLE BODY)
Detoxing can do more than make your eyes sparkle and your skin glow – it can boost energy levels, improve digestion and help shift a few unwanted kilos too.
While it may look like a fad diet – no grains, no alcohol, no milk, no sugar (and no fun) – a detox is far from a quick fix for weight loss. The purpose of any detox plan is to take the load off the organs that detoxify the body – the liver, kidneys and bowel – while at the same time supporting and improving their performance. If you want to fast track your health, give your body a break, or just want to detox diet for a short time, follow this safe and do-able seven-day program.
What to do?
Check your diary and mark a week where you have a clean break from functions or events that might derail your detox, such as weddings, birthdays or special occasion meals. Some people may experience a ‘cleansing’ reaction in the first few days of detox, including headaches or loose bowel movements. This is due to the sudden withdrawal of certain foods, in addition to stimulation of detoxifying organs. These symptoms should subside in 24 to 48 hours.
Foods to avoid
- Milk products (except ½ cup unsweetened yoghurt with acidophilus each day)
- Sugar, honey, maple syrup, artificial sweeteners
- Grains: wheat (bread, biscuits, cakes, pasta), rye, barley, oats, spelt and rice
- Dried fruit
Foods to enjoy
- Fruit: any and all fresh fruit
- Vegetables: any and all fresh vegetables
- Fish: fresh, canned in water or olive oil
- Lean red meat, chicken (without the skin). Limit to two serves per week.
- Legumes: dried or canned, such as kidney beans, chickpeas, lentils
- Eggs: preferably organic
- Olive oil (preferably extra virgin), Coconut oil (unprocessed)
- Nuts: raw unsalted almonds, walnuts, macadamias and cashews
- Seeds: raw unsalted sesame, pumpkin and sunflower seeds
- Green tea, white tea, weak black tea (decaffeinated)
- Water: from one to three litres of water per day
Detox plan for the next seven days
- Morning lemon juice:This is an oldie but a goodie to kick start the digestion and cleanse the system. Squeeze the juice of half a lemon in a cup of hot water. Drink first thing in the morning before breakfast.
- Exercise: During detox aim to exercise for one hour daily. And not just any exercise – something that makes you pant and puff and raise a sweat like a spin class, jog along the beach, walking uphill, hot yoga or boxing. Vigorous exercise increases lymph flow and circulation to help sweat out toxins.
- Raw foods:Aim to cut out the cooking process and eat mainly raw foods. Raw foods contain more nutrients and enzymes. Try adding fresh sprouts to a salad daily.
- Detox the mind:While you’re detoxing the body, its good to clear the clutter from the mind too. Aim for 15 minutes of meditation per day. If you don’t know how to meditate, try belly breathing. Start by placing hands palm down on your lower belly. Breathe in through your nose, counting slowly to 3 or 4 counts. Feel your tummy rise with the breath. Breathe out just as slowly, allowing the belly to drop. Do this for 15 minutes daily.
- Drink:Aim to drink three litres of fluid daily. This will help move the lymph and support kidney detoxification. Choose from pure spring water, fresh vegetable juice and herbal detox teas.
- Body brushing:Doing this daily will support circulation and increase skin detoxification. Using a loofah or natural fibre body brush, brush the skin with firm circular strokes before you step into the shower. Start from the feet and hands, moving up the legs and towards the arms, avoiding the delicate area of throat and face, and any rash or sore spots. Then jump in the shower. Finish your shower with a one-minute burst cold water which brings the blood circulation to the skin.
- Chew:Aim to chew each mouthful of food 10 to 12 times before swallowing. Bringing mindfulness to mealtimes improves digestion, allowing you to feel a sense of fullness without a need to overeat.
Note: Don’t detox if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, elderly, have high blood pressure, are underweight or against your health practitioner’s recommendation.
The wonder products developed by Herbalage Wellness to address whole body detoxification, using above mentioned sacred ingredients:
Liver, kidneys & prostate care and Detoxification support.
A well researched formulation to help detoxify whole body by improving the functions of liver, kidneys and urinary tract.
- Helps rejuvenates fatty and sluggish liver to ignite detoxification.
- Provides nutrition in urinary tract infection, renal failure, and liver apses etc.
- Helps protect from drug, pollution and alcohol borne toxicity.
- Also helps address kidney stone.
Kidney’s Support Formula
Kidney Stones & Urinary Infection Management
Key ingredients & their benefits:
- Punarnava & kulthi helps rejuvenate kidneys and urinary tract.
- Gokshura & Pashanbhed helps remove kidney’s stones.
- Ishwarmool helps reduces the toxicity of kidneys as well as whole body.
- Chandan is known for its anti microbial properties and helps strengthen kidneys.
Liver & detoxification management.
Key ingredients & their benefits:
- Pittapapad, Bhringraaj & Guduchi Helps rejuvenates fatty and sluggish liver cells and ignite detoxification.
- Kalmegh helps activate antioxidant enzymes that catalyze the reaction of oxidants and are effective in severe liver damage.
- Neruri & Punarnava improves urinary tracts and helps detoxify overall body. They also Helps protect from drug, pollution and alcohol borne toxicity.
Skin Health and blood purification support.
It is perfect combination of natural anti-biotic and blood purifications agents.It helps relieve from acne, blemishes black heads by improving nutrition of skin tissues.
- Helps manage viral & parasitic infection to get relieved from all sorts of skin infections.
- Helps strengthen skin tissues to attain flawless, glowing and healthy skin.
- Helps manage allergic cells, skin wounds, blemishes and pigmentation etc.
- Helps purify blood and also regulate blood sugar.
- Also helps treat chronic diseases such as respiratory tract infections, urinary tract infections and pulmonary TB etc
If you like the information on Nutrition, Fitness & Beauty then please share it with your friends and family. We’ve are on Twitter and Facebook share buttons on each post for your convenience. If you have a blog or website of your own, we will be pleased if you link and share our content too.