Diabetes is a condition where the amount of glucose in your blood is too high because the body cannot use it properly.
This is because your pancreas doesn’t produce any insulin, or not enough insulin, to help glucose enter your body’s cells – or the insulin that is produced does not work properly (known as insulin resistance).
- Insulin is the hormone produced by the pancreas that allows glucose to enter the body’s cells, where it is used as fuel for energy so we can work, play and generally live our lives. It is vital for life.
- Glucose comes from digesting carbohydrate and is also produced by the liver.
- If you have diabetes, your body cannot make proper use of this glucose so it builds up in the blood and can’t be used as fuel.
- There are two main types of diabetes: Type 1 diabetes and Type 2 diabetes.
Diabetes develops when glucose can’t enter the body’s cells to be used as fuel. This happens when either:
- There is no insulin to unlock the cells Diabetes(Type 1)
- There is not enough insulin or the insulin is there but not working properly Diabetes(Type2).
Ayurvedic Approach towards Diabetes:
- Ayurveda describes 20 types of pramehas (Urinary /metabolic disturbances), which if not treated properly will eventually lead to Madhumeha (Diabetes Mellitus).
- All Kapha promoting regimens like sedentary lifestyle, bad eat and sleep pattern leads to this disease.
There is certain herb which helps in preventing all sorts of blood sugar disorders and they are:
SYZYGIUM CUMIN (JAMUN)- it has a low glycaemic index, making it a good option for diabetics. it holds significant potential to produce safer drugs for diabetes treatment, seeds could lower blood sugar levels by 30%. The fruit is associated with lowered risk of secondary complications of diabetes.
MOMORDICA CHARANTIA (KARELA) – Bitter gourds are very low in calories but dense with precious nutrients. It is an excellent source of vitamins B1, B2, and B3, C, magnesium, folate, zinc, phosphorus, manganese, and has high dietary fiber. It is rich in iron, contains twice the beta-carotene of broccoli, twice the calcium of spinach, and twice the potassium of a banana.
Bitter melon contains a unique phyto-constituent that has been confirmed to have a hypoglycemic effect called charantin. There is also another insulin-like compound known as polypeptide P which have been suggested as insulin replacement in some diabetic patients.
And the above mentioned herbs are present in product range of Herbalage named Sugafite and Sugarest:
Sugafite is a well researched and perfect blend herbs and minerals to control diabetes by just improving the utilization of blood glucose in type II diabetic condition. It is recommended to be consumed alongwith oral anti-diabetic medicines. Consuming daily with discipline, it gradually helps reduce decrease the dosage of anti-diabetic drugs until no longer necessary.
- Helps regulate absorption of blood sugar, normalize level of glucose and improves sensitivity of insulin receptor.
- Equally helpful in Type I diabetes as it is in Type II.
- Helps manage diabetes borne pain and infections.
- Very effective in the patient depending upon Insulin therapy.
- Builds stamina, increase energy and promote healthy sex life.
Sugar metabolism support
Metabolism, oxidation & detoxification management.
- Rich source of natural anti-diabetic, antiseptic and blood purifiers.
- It kills excess sugar in the blood streams. Helps regulate absorption of blood sugar, normalize level of glucose and improves sensitivity of insulin receptor. Equally helpful in type i diabetes as it is in type ii.
- Helps control extra calories in the body and ignites pancreatic glands to function well.
- Decreases glucose level in blood stream.
- Highly effective in diabetic as well as in pre-diabetic condition as it is observed to prevent progression towards t2dm.