Liver Detoxification: It is disturbance of liver function that causes illness. The liver is responsible for many critical functions within the body and should it become diseased or injured, the loss of those functions can cause significant damage to the body. Liver disease is also referred to as hepatic disease.
Liver disease is a broad term that covers all the potential problems that cause the liver to fail to perform its designated functions. The liver is the largest solid organ in the body; and is also considered a gland because among its many functions, it makes and secretes bile.
What does Ayurveda says about liver diseases?
It is known as Yakrit in Ayurveda, the liver is regarded as the center of origin of the circulatory system. The liver is governed by the Pitta dosha and therefore an unhealthy liver can result in Pitta-based health problems such as allergies, skin problems, high cholesterol, tiredness and poor digestion. If the imbalance continues for a long time, serious diseases of the liver include hepatitis, cirrhosis, jaundice and cancer could develop.
• Skin and eyes that appear yellowish (jaundice)
• Abdominal, pain and swelling.
• Swelling in the legs and ankles.
• Dark urine color.
• Pale stool color or bloody or tar-colored stool.
There are certain herbs which help in preventing all sorts of Liver diseases/ disorders and they are:
BOERHAVIA DIFFUSA (PUNARNAVA)
It tastes bitter and has the property of dryness. These qualities of Punarnava help to reduce kapha and clear the blockage in tissue channels. Thus inflammations like arthritis, joint pain etc, anaemia, ailments of lungs (like cough, asthmas etc), and body pain gets reduced by Punarnava. It rejuvenates whole body and gives a new life and health (Hence the name Punarnava (New again). It strengthens the body and normalizes doshas.
• In Indigestion: Punarnava acts as a carminative, increases appetite, digests Ama and reduces abdominal pain. It also relieves constipation.
• In Skin Diseases: It is very useful in skin diseases like scabies. It is considered as an excellent natural remedy for guinea worms. It detoxifies skin and clears it of infections.
• In Renal diseases: It acts as a diuretic and is used in Ayurvedic preparations for renal calculi (kidney stone), Cystis and nephritis.
• In liver disorders: It is widely used to rejuvenate liver and detoxify it. It helps in jaundice o r hepatitis.
• Body Rejuvenation: This helps to boost the immunity to diseases & natural blood purifier.
It promotes liver’s normal function by aiding the detoxification efforts that purge harmful substances. It helps to support the elimination of gallstones and kidney stones. It is used for various disorders of the urinary tract including infections, pain and swelling (inflammation), kidney stones. It is also used for digestive tract disorders including gas, loss of appetite, stomachache, intestinal infections, constipation, and dysentery.
• It prevents from jaundice, diabetes, dyspepsia, ulcers, sores, and swellings, ophthalmic and chronic dysentery.
• Whole plant is useful for the treatment of some forms of gonorrhea, dropsy, menorrhagia and other genitor –urinary affections of a similar type.
• It is bitter, astringent useful in liver disorders, jaundice, spleen disorders.
• It may help decrease the amount of hepatitis B virus found in the blood stream.
• Decoction of entire plant used as tonic for the stomach.
• Bitter fruit used for tubercular ulcers, wounds, sores, scabies, and ringworm.
And the above mentioned herbs are present in product range of Herbalage named Detox L.
Liver & Detoxification Management.
Key ingredients & their benefits:
- Helps rejuvenates fatty and sluggish liver cells and ignite detoxification.
- Helps activate antioxidant enzymes that catalyze the reaction of oxidants and are effective in severe liver damage.
- It improves urinary tracts and helps detoxify overall body. They also Helps protect from drug, pollution and alcohol borne toxicity.