What is male infertility?
A man’s fertility generally relies on the quantity and quality of his sperm. If the number of sperm a man ejaculates is low or if the sperm are of a poor quality, it will be difficult, and sometimes impossible, for him to cause a pregnancy. Male infertility is diagnosed when, after testing both partners, reproductive problems have been found in the male.
What causes male infertility?
Male infertility is usually caused by problems that affect either sperm production or sperm transport.
- About two-thirds of infertile men have a problem with making sperm in the testes. Either low numbers of sperm are made and/or the sperm that are made do not work properly.
- Sperm transport problems due to Blockages (often referred to as obstructions) in the tubes leading sperm away from the testes to the penis can cause a complete lack of sperm in the ejaculated semen.
- sexual problems that affect whether semen is able to enter the woman’s vagina for fertilization to take place (one in 100 infertile couples);
- low levels of hormones made in the pituitary gland that act on the testes (one in 100 infertile men); and sperm antibodies (found in one in 16 infertile men). In most men sperm antibodies will not affect the chance of a pregnancy but in some men sperm antibodies reduce fertility.
Important Nutrients for Male Fertility Health
Zinc can be damaged when foods are cooked or processed. So it is important to eat a diet that is at least 50% raw foods Foods rich in zinc are meats like beef tenderloin, lamb, oysters, shrimp, venison (deer), but since we do not want to eat meat raw some sources of easy to get/eat sources of zinc are sesame seeds, raw pumpkin seeds, and green peas.
- Folic Acid
New research suggests that folic acid can boost sperm health, and it is found in lentil beans (1 cup provides almost your entire daily needs.), pinto beans, garbanzo beans, asparagus, spinach, black beans, navy beans, kidney beans and collard greens.
Vitamin B-12 is mostly available only in animal foods: meat, fish, poultry, eggs, and dairy products. You can also get this important nutrient in some nutritional yeasts, as well as from fortified cereals and soy milk.
Vitamin C protects sperm from oxidative damage. Some foods that are rich in vitamin C (and should be eaten raw) are papaya, bell peppers, broccoli, brussel sprouts, strawberries, oranges, kiwifruit, cauliflower, kale.
This amino acid is a necessary nutrient for sperm cells to function normally & helps to normalize sperm motility in men with low sperm quality. Foods rich in L-Carnitine arenuts, seeds, and many vegetables, including artichokes, asparagus, beet greens, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, collard greens, garlic, mustard greens, okra, and parsley.
Acts as an antioxidant protecting the sperm cells from damage and helps to increase sperm motility. It has been shown that our Coq10 levels decrease as we age. Foods rich in CoQ10 arebeef, marinated herring, rainbow trout, salmon, organ meats, peanuts, pistachios, sesame seeds, raw broccoli, strawberries and oranges, eggs, plus whole grains that still contain the germ.
There are certain herbs used in Ayurveda inorder to enhance energy, endurance and libido. And they are present in the products of Herbalage:
Vigourage Forte is a research based re-vitalizing and rejuvenating formulation to help men attain energy, total fitness, stamina and endurance at their any age between 30s and 70s.
- Helps overcome from pre-mature ageing and also addresses normal ageing and let men feel healthy, happy and energized at any age.
- Works as anti-oxidant improve immunity and prevent from infections and also keep the chances away of developing benign and malignant tumors.
- Improves reproductive health, addresses issues related to pre-mature ejaculations and erectile dysfunction.
- Improves stamina and physical strength and optimize endurance for rigorous physical training.
- Help bring lost joy, happiness and youthfulness back in life.
Energy, strength & endurance management.
Key ingredients & their benefits:
- Kaunch, Musli & Vidarikand helps you attain a body full of energy, flexibility and enough endurance for your peak physical performance.
- Bhallatak boosts immunity and helps stop the sign of early ageing.
- Keshar is highly praised & prized spice known for its anti-oxidant activity. It helps rejuvenate the body and work as wonder aphrodisiac agent.