How to naturally care for your heart
The fact remains; heart disease continues to be the number one cause of death in whole while world. The Indian diet that concentrates on sweet and salty food, animal fats and fried foods is largely at fault. A sedentary lifestyle lacking sufficient exercise only further increases the rate of heart disease in India.
In any case, after 50 years of age, the heart requires proactive care to increase its lifespan. Keep in mind, heart attacks; stroke, angina and high blood pressure are generally preceded by palpitations, insomnia and numbness or severe pain in the chest or middle back that radiates down the harms. Shortness of breath and blue lips and tongue are other signs of a weak heart.
All cardiovascular health conditions including heart disease are completely preventable. There is little dispute that dietary changes and exercise will go a long way to improve most heart conditions. However Ayurvedic medicine herbal formulas are the most important factor for “reversing” conditions of the heart and improving circulation. This article will describe, in general terms, a holistic protocol using dietary changes, nutritional supplementation and proven herbal formulas to naturally care for your heart and improve circulation.
A Healthy Heart Diet
- Our dietary recommendations are a controlled fat (not low-fat)/ low-sugar diet consisting of complete meals with legumes for protein, whole grains (as recommend for your body-type), and large amounts of mostly leafy green vegetables with each meal including breakfast.
- It is recommending using the liberal use of spices, and berries as snacks.
It is difficult to eat well when you are eating out so you really need to prepare your own meals at home to control the ingredients and add the spices that you need. Plan ahead what you are going to eat so you have a chance to choose your foods carefully.
- It’s essential to eat freshly prepared meals not leftovers and processed foods.
- Check every product you purchase for the sugar content and keep all sugar to a minimum.
- Do not weaken your digestion system by eating late at night, eating a heavy meal at dinner or snacking between meals on foods other than fruit. As a prerequisite for health proper sleep and rest are also essential.
- For nutritional supplements you need to be taking daily doses of therapeutic oils high in Omega-3 Fatty acids such as flax oil or even better fish oil.
- A whole-food Vitamin B-complex, a natural vitamin C (not ascorbic acid) and a natural source of Vitamin E from wheat germ oil are also important to cover your nutritional bases.
Spices for your heart
To reverse an existing condition, liberally use anti-inflammatory herbs in your diet such as turmeric, cinnamon, ginger, rosemary, parsley, cloves and oregano. Cooking with garlic is also beneficial for most heart conditions if it is suitable for your body-type and does not aggravate your intestines. Eating raw garlic is much healthier for you than dried varieties so juicing with garlic can be very effective.
Spice up your life with herbs, roots, and plants that benefit your health as much as they do your taste buds: From keeping your heart healthy and your arteries clear to reducing pain and warding off diseases, these everyday flavors will add a healthy punch to all your breakfasts, lunches, and dinners.
Daily, drink herbal teas with hawthorn berries and hawthorn leaf to further prevent cardiovascular plaque from building and keep circulation strong. My heart formula tea contains: organic Hawthorn leaf and flower, organic Lemon Balm, organic Rosehips, organic Dandelion leaf, organic Ginkgo, organic Oat straw, organic Bilberry fruit, organic Hawthorn berries, organic Ginger, organic Lemon peel, organic Motherwort, and organic Meadowsweet flower.
In Ayurveda, the base for most heart formulas is the Arjuna bark which has a proven history of strengthening the circulatory system, lowering blood pressure and balancing cholesterol levels. Herbs like Arjuna bark are not designed to be taken alone and need to be combined with other herbs to support digestion and make a more effective herbal medicine. It is best to have herbal formulas prepared by a herbalist, however, an excellent Ayurveda heart formula is available at Banyan Botanicals.
Overview of protocol
Based on your Ayurvedic body-type diet and taking the season into consideration, you need to maintain healthy eating habits as described with the recommended foods and plenty of spices including garlic.
Take whole food supplementation of C, E (1 tspn. of wheat germ oil) and a food based B complex with a Tbsn. of fish oil per day. Then have a herbal tea two times a day and take an Ayurvedic herbal formula daily. Maintain this holistic protocol for at least 3 months and you will see a substantial improvement in your hearts condition including healthy blood pressure levels and lower cholesterol levels.
Please don’t take your heart for granted and give it some attention each year by following this protocol for about a month.
- Balances bad to good cholesterol ratio.
- Helps manage high blood pressure.
- Helps relieve pain related to angina.
- Helps balance long-term stress on heart.
- Complements existing IHD medicines.