Brahmi has been used to describe two distinct Ayurvedic herbs – Centella asiatica and Bacopa monnieri – and brahmi is a fitting name for both of them. Brahmi is a Sanskrit word that refers to the feminine essence of universal consciousness as well as the creative potential that emerges from pure awareness. Both of the herbs that bear the name brahmi are thought to promote subtle awareness and sattav (the pure essence of consciousness). They are also both highly revered for their mind-enhancing properties and their support of the nervous system as a whole.
Benefits of Brahmi
- Open & clarify the mind
- Strengthen memory & intellect
- Support focus & concentration
- Encourage a balanced emotional state
- Promote daytime energy & nighttime sleep
- Support healthy blood cells
- Promote healthy skin & hair
- Bramhi pacify vata, pitta, and kapha.
- It has a strong affinity for the lymph, blood, nervous tissue and urinary tract, as well as the circulatory, digestive, and nervous systems.
- In addition, it works on the muscle, adipose, and bone tissues and it resonates with all of the tissues in the body as well as the channels of elimination.
- Brahmi is likely more suited for overall strengthening, and energy promotion.
- It is purifying and rejuvenating, supports longevity.
- It is an appetizer & suppresses the appetite; therefore often taken with digestives such as ginger or cardamom.
- It is very supportive of the joints – clearing toxins while promoting comfort and freedom of movement.
Brahmi for the Mind
- Brahmi is known to rejuvenate the mind, enhance memory, improve concentration, and to directly influence the quality of consciousness.
- It is considered sattvicherbs (promoting subtle awareness). It increases the clarity and subtlety of mind.
- Works directly to improve the quality of sadhaka pitta (which is closely related to the intellect and intelligence) and, as tonics for the mind, indicated in a broad range of mental imbalances – both behavioral and developmental.
- Further, because Ayurveda illuminates an intimate connection between the heart and the mind, it is significant that brahmi is known as heart tonics.
- It is generally preferred for vata aggravations and mental debility due to stress and exhaustion, and is also preferred in mental or emotional aggravations involving both vata and pitta.
Brahmi for the Nervous System
- It enhances and tonify majja dhatu (the nervous tissue) and help to relax tension in the body.
- It simultaneously calming and stimulating, improving daytime alertness and focus while reducing stress throughout the system and improving the quality of sleep at night.
- On a more specific level, bacopa is known to reduce muscular tension and prevent constipation caused by stress, and relaxes the central nervous system and slows the effects of aging.
Brahmi for the Skin
- Brahmi soothes effects to the skin and scalp. It considered very useful in clearing aggravations of the skin.
- Applying this oil on the scalp is good to strengthening the hair follicles. Its massaging is beneficial in checking dandruff, itchiness, formation of split ends and flakes
- It promotes proper healing of wounds and minimal scarring, while helping to cleanse, soften, and protect the skin.
- The massage of hot Brahmi oil provides proper nutrients to the hair follicles thus invigorating the hair growth.
How to Use Brahmi
External Use of Brahmi
Oil: Brahmi oil can be applied to the exterior of the body to promote healthy skin, proper healing, and freedom of movement in the joints. It may also be massaged into the scalp to support healthy hair growth and to encourage any of the many benefits brahmi offers the brain, the nervous system, and the mind.
Paste: A paste of brahmi can be applied to the exterior of the body to promote healthy skin, and comfortable movement of the joints.
Internal Use of Brahmi
Because taste plays such an important role in the digestive process and signals the body to initiate its own supportive mechanisms, Ayurveda traditionally recommends tasting herbs. Brahmi can be taken internally as a powder or a tablet.
The wonder products developed by Herbalage Wellness using above mentioned sacred ingredients:
Stress Management to balance physical and mental stresses.
- Helps suppress stress hormones to balance your body and mind.
- Addresses high blood pressure, HDL-LDL cholesterol level and excess tri-glyceride. Also helps patients suffering from cardiac diseases.
- Addresses sleeplessness, migraine and headache.
- Helps in Alzheimer and Parkinson.
- Improves memory, alertness and reasoning.
- Improve mental calmness and enhances sex health.
Anti-stress & memory formula.
Stress, hypertension & memory management.
- Helps Strengthens brain cells to improve memory, alertness and reasoning.
- Addresses physical and mental stress and promotes mental calmness. Helps controls hypertension.