Prostate Enlargement (BPH)
Nearly 60 % of men between 40 to 59 have an enlarged prostate gland, A condition that is known in the medical community as benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). The Prostate is a walnut-sized gland located just below the bladder that produces seminal fluid.
In some cases, the prostate becomes enlarged due to stimulation by the hormone dihydrotestosterone.
The amount of dihydrotestosterone present in the body from day to day depends on the amount of testosterone present. When levels of testosterone increase, more of it is converted to dihydrotestosterone and so levels of dihydrotestosterone therefore also increase as a result. This hormone also causes the prostate to grow and is thought to combine with testosterone causing the expression of male sexual behavior.
This enlargement can disrupt the flow of urine when the prostate presses against the urethral opening. When this occurs, a man is said to have a noncancerous condition known as benign prostate hyperplasia (BPH);. The condition, if left untreated, eventually obstructs the bladder outlet and result in retention of urine in the blood Untreated and cause kidney damage.
- Increased urinary frequency,
- Nighttime awakening to empty the bladder,
- Hesitancy and intermittence with reduced force and caliber of urine.
Another prostate condition that often affects men is prostatitis, which is an infection or inflammation of the prostate. Symptoms include pain during urination, discharge from the penis, and fever. Prostatitis can affect men of any age.
Dietary and lifestyle Recommendations:
- Consume a diet that focuses on whole, unprocessed foods (whole grains, legumes, vegetables, fruits, nuts, and seeds).
- Eat a ¼ cup of raw pumpkin seeds each day.
- Eliminate sugar, alcohol, and caffeine.
- Avoid food allergies
- Do a relaxation exercise 10 to 15 minutes daily.
- Drink at least 2 lt. of water before evening each day.
- Use flaxseed and Gokshura herbs extract.
- Recommended supplement:
It is a major combination of punarnava & gokshura revitalizes the Prostate, kidney & urinary tract. It helps
- Detoxify and nourishes the whole body.
- Supports to regulate metabolism, decrease uric acid formation.
- Provides nutrition in the case of urinary tract infection, renal failure, and liver infection.
- Alleviate prostate enlargement & infection.
- Ease off stone problem in the whole body.